With the weather warming up, we sure feel like having lighter, cooler foods. This is a deliciously simple chicken salad. We like to eat it with Quinoa Dinner Cakes. Yesterday when we were out clearing brush and cleaning up our property, I brought out a bowl of this chicken salad and a bunch of the dinner cakes. Yummy lunch — or dinner!
Yummy Chicken Salad
- 1/4 to 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 2 to 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- sea salt and pepper
- few pinches of dried basil
- generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- few splashes of balsamic vinegar
- finely grated goat cheddar cheese (optional)
- chopped olives (optional)
Toss all ingredients. Adjust seasonings to taste. Serve atop greens, in a sandwich, or alongside Quinoa Dinner Cakes.
© Copyright 2008 by Wardee Harmon.
This post may contain affiliate links. We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. Thank you for supporting Traditional Cooking School by GNOWFGLINS with your purchases. Our family thanks you!