With the weather warming up, we sure feel like having lighter, cooler foods. This is a deliciously simple chicken salad. We like to eat it with Quinoa Dinner Cakes. Yesterday when we were out clearing brush and cleaning up our property, I brought out a bowl of this chicken salad and a bunch of the dinner cakes. Yummy lunch — or dinner!
Yummy Chicken Salad
- 1/4 to 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 2 to 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- sea salt and pepper
- few pinches of dried basil
- generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- few splashes of balsamic vinegar
- finely grated goat cheddar cheese (optional)
- chopped olives (optional)
Toss all ingredients. Adjust seasonings to taste. Serve atop greens, in a sandwich, or alongside Quinoa Dinner Cakes.
© Copyright 2008 by Wardee Harmon.