This recipe is a work in progress… Would love your input on it!
Sweet Chocolate Hazelnut (or Almond) Spread
makes about 1 cup
- 1 cup hazelnut butter or almond butter, salted (or add 1/4 teaspoon sea salt to this recipe)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons raw agave syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup mild oil, or nut oil, adjust for consistency*
In a food processor, blend all ingredients until smooth. Scrape down sides as necessary. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
*Don’t choose an oil that is solid at room temperature, or the spread will be very hard when chilled.
© Copyright 2008 by Wardee Harmon
This post may contain affiliate links. We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. Thank you for supporting Traditional Cooking School by GNOWFGLINS with your purchases. Our family thanks you!