A take on the Genius Breakfast Cereal, only another grain is added here — teff. In addition, I’ve added a soaking to neutralize the phytic acid, would otherwise would interfere with mineral absorption.
- 1 cup millet
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup amaranth
- 1/4 cup teff, brown or ivory
- 6 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar or Kombucha
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 6 cups pure water
- desired garnishes: unsweetened shredded coconut, raisins, dried fruits, chopped nuts, honey, agave, shredded apples, and/or nut milk
Rinse quinoa through a fine mesh strainer under cold water for two minutes. Combine all ingredients in medium size pot. Let soak 12 to 24 hours, covered. In the morning, put the pot on a burner and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cover. Let simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
When all the water is just about absorbed, turn off the heat. Mix. Either mix in garnishes in the pot and serve in bowls, or spoon into bowls and garnish individual portions.
This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for supporting GNOWFGLINS with your purchases.
I want to help you look good, feel good, and do good...
... with 100s of videos and recipes, step-by-step tutorials, and easy-to-implement weekly menu plans.
It's the healthiest, tastiest, and most natural food you've ever imagined... the way God meant you to prepare it. As a member, you get:
- 100s of videos in bite-size pieces
- Weekly meal plans for you and your family
- Access to 9 traditional cooking classes
- Exclusive recipes
- and more!