We’ve been having this for lunches quite frequently lately. The kids gobble it up! In fact, I’d recommend doubling it because they’ll probably want seconds. It is flexible in that you can add whatever beans you’d like to make it a one-dish meal.
- 1 package prepared brown rice noodles — penne or rotini (slightly undercooked)
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (add more if tomato sauce is unsalted)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 to 4 cups cooked beans — garbanzos, pintos, lentils or whatever (optional)
- about 1/2 can’s worth of sliced olives (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine all ingredients in oven-safe casserole dish — glass, cast iron or stainless steel. Taste to see if salty enough. Bake for 30 minutes. Serve! Your kids will thank you.
© Copyright 2007 by Wardee Harmon
This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for supporting GNOWFGLINS with your purchases.
Learn to cook the GNOWFGLINS way in less than an hour a week!
Provide your family with healthy, delicious, nourishing meals! As a member, you get:
- 100s of videos in bite-size pieces
- Weekly meal plans for you and your family
- Access to 8 online traditional cooking classes
- Exclusive recipes
- and more!