We’ve been having this for lunches quite frequently lately. The kids gobble it up! In fact, I’d recommend doubling it because they’ll probably want seconds. It is flexible in that you can add whatever beans you’d like to make it a one-dish meal.
- 1 package prepared brown rice noodles — penne or rotini (slightly undercooked)
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (add more if tomato sauce is unsalted)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 to 4 cups cooked beans — garbanzos, pintos, lentils or whatever (optional)
- about 1/2 can’s worth of sliced olives (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine all ingredients in oven-safe casserole dish — glass, cast iron or stainless steel. Taste to see if salty enough. Bake for 30 minutes. Serve! Your kids will thank you.
© Copyright 2007 by Wardee Harmon
This post may contain affiliate links. We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. Thank you for supporting Traditional Cooking School by GNOWFGLINS with your purchases. Our family thanks you!
I want to help you look good, feel good, and do good...
... with 100s of videos and recipes, step-by-step tutorials, and easy-to-implement weekly menu plans.
It's the healthiest, tastiest, and most natural food you've ever imagined... the way God meant you to prepare it. As a member, you get:
- 100s of videos in bite-size pieces
- Weekly meal plans for you and your family
- Access to 9 traditional cooking classes
- Exclusive recipes
- and more!