This salad gets its name because it is so good with summer garden produce. The salad we enjoyed yesterday contained patty pan squash from our garden; perfectly ripe tomatoes from our friend's garden; and local cabbage and bell peppers from a farm stand.
Summer's Bounty Cabbage Salad
- 1/2 head green cabbage — thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers — cored and thinly sliced
- 2 patty pan squashes — quartered, then thinly sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes — sliced in wedges
- 1/4 cup raisins
- juice of one lemon
- drizzle of agave syrup
- liberal amount of extra virgin olive oil
- few dashes of toasted sesame oil
- sprinkling of fresh or dried dill
- seasoning salt — to taste
- black pepper — to taste
Combine all ingredients in large bowl and toss to coat. Adjust seasonings. Serve.
© Copyright 2006 by Wardee Harmon.
This post may contain affiliate links. We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. Thank you for supporting Traditional Cooking School by GNOWFGLINS with your purchases. Our family thanks you!