- 2 cups brown basmati or jasmine rice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste plus enough water to make 4-1/4 cups
Put rice, olive oil and all spices in a 4 quart pot. Combine water and tomato paste and stir until smooth. Poor over rice and spices. Bring contents of pot to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Let cook, undisturbed, for 50 minutes. Turn off heat, fluff with fork and serve.
© Copyright 2006 by Wardee Harmon
This post may contain affiliate links. We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. Thank you for supporting Traditional Cooking School by GNOWFGLINS with your purchases. Our family thanks you!
I want to help you look good, feel good, and do good...
... with 100s of videos and recipes, step-by-step tutorials, and easy-to-implement weekly menu plans.
It's the healthiest, tastiest, and most natural food you've ever imagined... the way God meant you to prepare it. As a member, you get:
- 100s of videos in bite-size pieces
- Weekly meal plans for you and your family
- Access to 9 traditional cooking classes
- Exclusive recipes
- and more!