- 2 cups brown basmati or jasmine rice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste plus enough water to make 4-1/4 cups
Put rice, olive oil and all spices in a 4 quart pot. Combine water and tomato paste and stir until smooth. Poor over rice and spices. Bring contents of pot to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Let cook, undisturbed, for 50 minutes. Turn off heat, fluff with fork and serve.
© Copyright 2006 by Wardee Harmon
This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for supporting GNOWFGLINS with your purchases.
Learn to cook the GNOWFGLINS way in less than an hour a week!
Provide your family with healthy, delicious, nourishing meals! As a member, you get:
- 100s of videos in bite-size pieces
- Weekly meal plans for you and your family
- Access to 8 online traditional cooking classes
- Exclusive recipes
- and more!