- 1 cup butter or coconut oil, softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs OR 1/4 cup flax seed meal + 3/4 cup filtered water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 2 cups sprouted spelt or sprouted wheat flour
- 2 cups grain-sweetened dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, such as walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
Cream together butter (or coconut oil) and honey in mixing bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk the eggs. Or, whisk together the flax seed meal and water thoroughly. Let sit for five minutes to thicken. Add to mixing bowl, along with vanilla, and beat.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt (if using) in a medium size bowl. Fluff with fork. Add to wet ingredients in mixing bowl and mix until just combined.
Add chocolate chips, nuts, coconut, and oats to mixing bowl. Mix gently until just incorporated.
Drop by tablespoons full onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.
For bar cookies: press mixture into greased 9 X 13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.
Original recipe from: Healthful Cookies, Keepers at Home Sampler Six, Carlisle Press
This post may contain affiliate links. We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. Thank you for supporting Traditional Cooking School by GNOWFGLINS with your purchases. Our family thanks you!